Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T The complete opposite to a Caterham - Porsche 928 for sale!

MartinWoodham

Good home wanted for my 1990 (91 MY) 928 S4. Auto, Black metallic/ black leather piped red, electric everything, FSH OPC and No 5 Garage history to 117K miles when I bought it, then JZ Machtech history to its current mileage of 157K. Very thorough service schedule under my ownership. Nicely run in.

(NB will be due an engine rebuild at 250K miles)

Recent water pump and cam belt, de-catted (cat included), 18" turbo twist split rim alloys (non-Porsche), original flat disk wheels included (with RDK pressure sensors), also available workshop manual and parts fiches with fiche reader (unused).

'Rear muffler bypass' also available ie straight stainless pipe - way too loud!

In the spirit of Blatchat, I should confess that there is no head unit (it broke) and the passenger window motor needs replacing.

The car has been my everyday car, but changing work patterns mean I'm not using it enough - it really needs to be driven.

I'm sure there'll be a Blatchatter prepared to take this superb GT off my hands for £7250 (as advertised on Autotrader) - and I'm certainly open to offers - it is of course completely opposite to a Caterham - big, heavy, wide, comfortable....but the compensations are a 165 MPH top speed, supersport levels of acceleration (in kickdown) with 4 people and luggage on board, and above all an ability to cover huge distances without noticing it. And still being able to walk when you get there.

contact details are

m.woodham@uk.ibm.com

07710 097 868

Go on, call me, you know you've always wanted one. At this price you could ebay the parts and make a profit....

Martin

2004 ex-Academy car going on Roadsports B...

If everything's under control you're going too slow (Emmerson Fittipaldi)

It isn't what I was looking for (I want a 993 or 996 for next winter) but tell us more

How many owners

How much has it cost you to run?

How reliable

What's a head unit (excuse ignorance) and how much to fix

How much for the window winder motor

Any pictures

Where is it?

Neal

What am I going to take to work today Clio or 7 ???

Estate agent:

How many owners - 3 before me, I've owned it since july 2000, 117 K miles

How much has it cost you to run? - please don't ask me to work that out! It's about 6-7K over 4 years, that includes things like brake discs, shockers and engine mounts that are usually very infrequently changed items. Coupled with very low depreciation...

How reliable - generally very good - its been my daily car for 4 years, it does need to be used otherwise the battery drains itself and it won't start. I've had 2 'failures to go' - both water pump failure, which seems a once every 4 years occurence. Last one was july last year. Oh and a flat battery a couple of times!

What's a head unit (excuse ignorance) and how much to fix - its the radio/ CD unit in the dash ie the visible bit. Depends what functions you want and how much you want to pay. Minimum is around £100 from Halfrauds (with free fitting usually)

How much for the window winder motor- £300 new part from Porsche allegedly, or find one at a scrappy. Or do what I've done and ignore it!

Any pictures - give me your email address, I'll send some.

Where is it? - Carrotland of course! Near Thetford, Norfolk.

Martin

2004 ex-Academy car going on Roadsports B...

If everything's under control you're going too slow (Emmerson Fittipaldi)