Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Hawker Odyssey PC 545

Joespeeder v2.0

Hi All,

I am using the PC 545 and to this point I've been keeping it plugged into a Battery Tender Waterproff 800. Looks to be just what I wanted.

Typically how long would I have to leave tha car sit without the charger for the PC 545 to loose its charge? It's hooked to a Ford Zetec with the standard Ford computer and Immobilier. Maybe a week or a month?

I've heard of people who know someone, who knew of a sisters brother who had one that maybe ran down after a bit. *wink* Anyone with first hand expierance with the PC 545?

Joe

TheCaterhamProject.com - Build site with photos here

I'm using one now but my immobiliser isn't the source of the starting problems I'm experiencing. Both the cabling to the MFU and the starter itself are poor. Until I rectify both this coming Winter I can't really give you anything other that the spiel that came with the battery, that being they are not designed for long-term discharging.

Over the Winter and other extended periods of no-use, I'll disconnect the battery.

Edited by - V7 SLR on 10 Mar 2005 21:35:59

I have been using a 545for about a year now, and it really cant cope with starting my engine (200 bhp K-series magenetron starter), rarely starts when cold (as in 0 to -10 deg C), and thats when plugged in overnight

I am now carrying a spare battery in the passenger foor well its a real pain, not sure where to go from here.

not an issue with the relay as it engeges fine it just can't physically turn the engine over.

Simon

I have used one for the past 15 months until it recently failed. The problem was diagnosed as a short in one of the cells and I got a new one on the two year warranty. My electrical system probably has a short (or two) and the battery would drain if it sat unused for a month or so. From this point forward I will disconnect the battery after using the car and occasionally put the trickle charger on. I'd give the battery a thumbs up for my purposes, which never involve cold starts in SoCal. A friend says that the most troublesome time with such a battery is likely to be when the car is hot----never had a problem there. *cool*

It'll be either the main feed to the MFU, the MFU itself or the starter motor.

1. I've tested the main feed to the MFU (shorted that to the starter) and found that wanting.

2. The starter itself is another problem (Magneton) which I'm hoping to resolve this weekend.

3. The MFU appears to be OK. It just isn't being served well by No.1 or No.2.