Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Silicon top hose for K-series

Shaun_E

• Support Team

A long shot I know, but top hose (radiator to water rail) wanted for K-series car.

Also want bottom radiator hose for dry sump set up but appreciate this is even more unlikely.

Would consider buying a full set for dry sump set up if that makes it more likely.

If anyone knows where I can source individual hoses rather than the full set then please let me know.

Blue preferred.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

I bought a new silicon top hose for mine a few weeks back, Caterham sell these.

The bottom hose should have come from Caterham with the DS kit (std black that is). They do also sell a silicon verison but its something like £70 as its so rare.

A samco dry sump set is £180exc vat.

• Support Team

Cheers Bob - I'll give them a call. I saw the full dry sump hose kit but I've already got bits of it so half of it would go to waste. I need the top hose because I hacked my original one to fit a Laminova which I won't be using now I have dry sump. I did get the radiator bottom hose in the kit but figured if I was going to have silcon everywhere else then I may as well replace that too but £70 *eek*

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Edited by - Shaun_E on 10 Mar 2005 13:49:49

Shaun

It sounds like we're doing exactly the same conversion. My problem is that the car (yellow) was specced with silcon hoses from day one but were blue when it turned up. I'd prefer red so I've only replaced the top hose so far... now it looks even worse!!

BC

• Support Team

I just stuck with blue as it's a standard(ish) colour. I have a mix of Caterham and Pirtek hoses on mine and they can all do blue from stock whereas you typically have to order other colours. Pirtek are on the trading estate near me so for straight hoses it's easier to go there.

Yellow SL *cool* #32