Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New Regs

Mike Molloy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've always said if the regs need changinging they can be but only in advance and with the concensus of the competitors.

The championship is still popular and attracting new contenders each year, so far this year we have:

Class 1 - 6 contenders

Class 2 - 23 contenders

Class 3 - 13 contenders

Class 4 - 11 contenders

Class 5 - 23 contenders

Class 6 - 9 contenders

This makes 85 registered contenders before we start the season, the interesting thing though is we have 16 novices registered this year so the novices trophy will be as competitive as the class trophy 😬 😬 😬

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

Thats great news BB, on both the novice champ and the total numbers

Interesting there are so many in class 2&4 *confused* that is really surprising to me

No doubt this will cause the anti acb10 brigade to say people are leaving class 3/5 because of the tyre issue 😬 *tongue* *wink*(only joking)

rob

Rob

There are lots in class 2 and 5

not lots in 2 and 4.

How does this compare with last year?

2003--------2004-------2005

Class 1 - 9---------6-----------6 contenders

Class 2 - 18--------20----------23 contenders

Class 3 - 18-------16----------13 contenders

Class 4 - 12--------10----------11 contenders

Class 5 - 19--------18---------23 contenders

Class 6 - 4---------5----------9 contenders

David

Edited by - David Nelson on 31 Mar 2005 17:43:46

Edited by - David Nelson on 31 Mar 2005 17:45:48

Edited by - David Nelson on 31 Mar 2005 17:49:40

Hi all

Well think your all getting a bit *confused* it does a lot depend on the BHP but Master Dave Jackson in class 5 last year did not have the most in the group nor did he have the softest tyres. Then again nor did others that did well. *thumbup*

I keep saying this if its not fair weather then a tad of rain in the middle of a run changes everything. Getting your car set up correctly helps loads, an art that seems to defeat me. Then again there is your cars weight and in fact your own weight. Its not sour grapes its just reality my cars near 2 up in comparison to some others. Still some drive well or have lighter cars that make them able to negate this excess baggage. Me, well I am carrying a 6-8 stone excess in comparison to some. Others have similar but lesser problems. All this ignores the fact that you need to be able to drive like Sh*t off the shovel. Then again the fact your trailering a car does may a small but important difference. *smile*

So if your trailering your car to save on tyre wear and to keep it in the same fettle it was before you left; your the same weight, your car has the same weight with equal a BHP and torque outputs, you have set it up to perfection for the track of the day, you have a massive amount of ability rather than just imagined, you been there loads of times before, you can do a perfect standing start every time, your car performs its best all day with no fouled plugs or in some cases blocked jets, the track conditions stay constant and somebody beats you on a softer tyre or one better in the wet then you have a point. If not then your pissing in the wind .... still you can always challenge me for the last place it group 5. As in everything if your not first you lost anyway its all rather how important that is as a fact to you personally. Then again those of you that know me will know I do get irritated that I can not get a good time for me. That's just ME verses the TRACK bugger the rest of you and I do really enjoy these days. *thumbup* In fact if I had the ability to be say fourth that would not change currently the chances of that is its sunny weather for my run then instant fall of 2 inches of snow

Think your all tend to forget these minor second grabbing matters....... If none of these suit you then race rather than sprint but lots of the above still applies... *wink*

Did I miss anything..... Yes my tyres last the longest. Then again and it is important, the size of your wallet, coupled with the fact is sprinting your only hobby

Funny a few years ago it use to be just a good day out with your mates, drive the car all day, bit of tyre kicking, loads of wind ups and err most importantly .............FUN 😬. In fact for the majority that's not changed, then again currently on the day it seems not to have changed for anyone..... 😬 *thumbup*

Well after that lot think I need to avoid being bog washed on the day but bring a few mates with you near 20 stone needs to be lifted and err controlled *wink*

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Edited by - Bilbo on 31 Mar 2005 21:25:50

David (N) - ah yes well spotted, it must be all the fresh air in Seattle *cool*

David (J) - WRT to class 3, I dunno, there is a general feeling that most 7's have sticky rubber (list1b) of some variety, but maybe for the lesser powered K's this is not the case *confused* maybe it is the a24 issue that puts most people of, maybe with standard power people are less likely to trailer but drive and are put of with a24's...

Bilbo - who of the regular contenders had more power than DaveJ last year in class5 🤔 who last year ran acb10 24's 🤔

rob *smile*

No thats all I had hence 99 mph across the line at Curbourgh ...

😬 😬 😬That Geezer at Curborough with the wild paint job - all orange with blobs and everything , it wasnt actually a Pinto , but a Non turbo cosworth 16v ........ but hey lets not split hairs *wink* 😬 😬

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 1 Apr 2005 15:33:40

Interesting numbers would of thought class 3 would of been a little more popular 🤔

At least coming 13th in class 3 is better than 24th in class 2....maybe when Dave Jackson is not looking I'll do the 'scouse' thing & nick his wheels & ACB tyres *tongue* & do a quicker lap & maybe come in 12th 😬

Must remember to pack some bricks *thumbup*

*thumbup*Looking forward to my first sprint at Llandow *thumbup*

*thumbup* GrannY OrB TuneR *thumbup*

😳 Tweaker Of Fine Granny Orbs ! 😳

*biggrin* Superlight No: 170 *biggrin*

Edited by - GrannY OrB TuneR on 1 Apr 2005 15:56:38

Hi robmar

Well I think Peter was on A24 but I not sure about the output of his car last year think it was less than Dave's. Still I thought Dave's was a bit under 200 bhp so my last post may be a little *confused*

Still I sure the main comment is very true 😬

GrannY OrB TuneR

Must remember to pack some bricks

Bit of lateral thinking if we managed a lorry full maybe we could fill Dave Jakson and a few others boots up with them that would slow the bu88ers down 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Bacon Butties an easy one just keep buying him Bacon and Brie ones at Mira.... 20 would slow anyone down *cool*

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.