Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Motorsport or Racing forum ?

fatcat

Quite a few BC'ers are involved or interested in club/national motorsport outside those activities directly organised by the L7C club. It might be useful to have a forum under TrackChat where people could post event calendars for clubs like SEMSEC, 750, etc, maybe race results, racing specific FAQ's and chat.

For example, this morning I posted an item about SEMSEC's sprint and race meeting at Brands on 2nd Apr. This hit ChitChat just before 10.00 but by 12:30 it was already off the front page and hence would probably get missed by anyone who is not a fully paid-up professional BlatChat surfer ! This is a shame because it may be of interest to potential competitors over the next week or so before the entries close and it could also be of interest to people looking for an event to visit closer to the day itself. As its an information item rather than a conversation it is unlikely to get many responses so unless I keep bouncing it back up it will disappear pretty quickly - and the non-racing fraternity could quite rightly get bored if I kept BTTT'ing it on the general chat area.

What do you think ?

regards

Nigel

I think it sounds pretty sensible as a suggestion - would have a different flavour from the series specific forums (Grads, Academy etc) out there and would also be useful for those who are interested in the possibilities of racing - a fairly frequent FAQ round here...

G for Geoff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...