Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dry Sump system (the Caterham one)

Racingshoe

I need to dry-sump my new engine, and was going to get a hybrid setup a bit like Dave Jackson's, but time seems to be against me at the moment. I think I will bite the bullet and opt for the official Caterham system.

Question is...... Is absolutely everything I need to install the system included in the 1700 quid asking price ? I have a 1900k with a type-9 box. Is all the plumbing there, will the new clutch release arm thingy be included etc etc ?

Rik Robarts - bl**dy bright orange 1.4k SS here

• Support Team

The short answer (and Caterham's offficial one) is "YES".

BUT...chances are they will miss something so, if you are short of time for your install, check the contents very carefully against the instructions before starting. The instructions are not exactly great either and miss off things like how to fit the replacement tensioner pulley.

New clutch relase arm is included but not sure that a new CRB is so order one of those as well. New engine mounts are included but not the rubbers so you might want to replace the rubbers as well. All the necessary hoses and pipes are included as are all the addional fixings (bolts, hose clips, etc.) but you will need to resuse some existing parts (most of the sump bolts, some hose clips).

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Just fitting mine now. Agree with above, no CRB. I was short of a couple of O-rings but I could've fitted them after installation.

Hammer the price down, give'em some stick. This is no longer a standard fit part (it was only std on the R400 and R500 which are both dead).