Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting alloy dry sump pulley

Shaun_E

• Support Team

Right - have hacksawed off the plastic pulley but can't see how the new alloy one goes on. Do I have to undo the Torx screw that holds the bearing on? It looks like if I take the bearing off put pulley on and then put bearing back on that the pulley is held on by the bearing. Someone mentioned a circlip which looks like it should fit in a groove inside the pulley. Does this sound right? If so what size is the Torx screw? The ones I have are too small so will have to go and buy another *thumbdown*.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Support Team

OK bearing off, pulley fitted and bearing plus pulley refitted. Can someone please confirm that the circlip should be on the "outside" of the pulley i.e. the front of the car when fitted. This is important I think becasue the U section is thicker on the front of the pulley than at the back and that would probably affect the belt path.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• 10 months later...

Shaun

If you read this, did you end up with the circlip away from, or towards the tensioner mechanism? I don't actually have the flanged tensioner pulley yet as it's out of stock with none expected til the end of the month... But I did get the rest of the DS kit delivered and am working out how it all fits together. Useful that the instructions still make no mention of this.

Dave

• Support Team

Dave - I'm pretty sure that the circlip is on the outside i.e. front of car. Can't check it now for a couple of days but if you haven't had an answer, blatmail me on Wednesday and I'll double check for you.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Support Team

Make sure you loctite the bolts that hold the pump to the cage. One of mine worked loose and ended up rubbing on the inside of the pulley *eek*. This could have been fatal for the engine.

Yellow SL *cool* #32