Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oh bunnies.

Myles

Subject to references, I have a 3-month contract starting on Wednesday.

Don't wannit - want that one *arrowright*

So it's extremely unlikely that I can get PSC ready for Anglesey. It'll be just as hard-work getting the 1.6 running too - but at least we know that works.

To top it all off, it means I'll have to do some work as well. Work. Wooooork. Wurruck.

Nope - whichever way you slice it, it doesn't sound right.

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Nooo - shame, but (och-aye-the)noooo.

It's worryingly-close to Dave21P - Brum Business-Park, near the NEC...

So now I've got an interesting one - my parents would probably like me out of the house again - especially as they tend to live work-unfriendly hours - but it's dead-handy for the commute (OK, 45ish mins drive - probably an hour+ during busy periods).

Myles

"You wanna do some project-planning?

Good-grief!"

Well, I'm spending most of time chasing recruitment folk and their clients, applying for jobs and going for interviews and I've not landed a job

Whereas you've spent most of your time fettling and engine - get an interview and then a 3 month contract with the only effort being to drag your carcase along to the interview

What's involved in project planning ????

Paul

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

What's involved in project planning ????

Haven't the foggiest* That's why I had to drop my last rate by 10% to get in the door - and it's also the outstanding concern of the employer, the agency and myself. Oh, and it's something I find really, really dull.

I am somewhat embarassed by the way I've got the last two contracts - I haven't actually proactively looked for a job since about November last year. 😳

*not entirely true, but I've certainly not got the level of project-planning experience they really wanted.

"but I've certainly not got the level of project-planning experience they really wanted"

Does that indicate the state of the market i.e. they couldn't find exactly what they wanted as there is a shortage of candidates and it has swung round in favour of candidates after so long the other way around ??

Paul

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

Well, my understanding is that they took someone on who had the skills - but he/she was based too far away and couldn't/wouldn't do the commute.

I have been quite surprised that people have still been phoning me up about positions - despite my most-recent online CV not even mentioning the contract last year - so mebbe it is turning towards the candidate.

Having said that, I've had a couple (including positions for the crowd I worked for last year) who've gone cold halfway through the process - possibly having second-thoughts about the chunky gaps in my CV.

• 2 years later...

Dunno where the wolves were, but the werewolves were round here last nite...at least I think they were.

Noisy bastards anyway, whatever they were, with their howling wolf impersonations.

Gotta move to the big city again for a bit of peace&quiet.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds..ooooh hooo hooo!!...

😬 😬Abbey Road Time-Machine *eek* *eek*