Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon Dash

Shaun_E

• Support Team

I am looking to replace my carbon dash and have just been told by Caterham that the dash for pre-year 2000 cars is no longer available and that a post 2000 won't fit my 1997 car. Has anyone else come across this and if so is it possible to make a post 2000 dash fit?

I had hoped to get one from Caterham as they sell them pre drilled/cut. I have a Stack dash with the R400/R500 switch layout.

I have emailed RiF re his dash but I'm pretty sure they are supplied blank - not the end of the world but I would have preferred a precut design.

Are there any alternatives (I know MOG does one)?

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Is the difference between the pre- and post-2000 dashboards that the post-2000 ones extend all the way down the little triangular side areas to sill level? I've noticed this to be the case on the recent cars I've seen whereas mine covers those little triangles with the knee trim with the dashboard ending at the level of the lower dashboard tube.

Kind of curious as I anticipate wanting to change my dash at somepoint, but not sure I want to go carbon (believe it or not).

Dave

• Support Team

Caterham told me that the chasis rails around the dash are a different thickness and therefore the bit of the c/f dash that wraps around the rail will not fit. All c/f dashes that I have seen extend down the sides - not sure about the standard dash.

Have spoken to K9 and ordered a pair of rear wings (gosh how did that happen 😬) and waiting to see what happens regarding the dash. They have produced a dash and have tooled up to precut it to the standard Caterham layout. They haven't yet tooled up for the R400/R500 layout as there is not much demand. However if I can get more interest in that layout then they will tool up for it.

Also waiting to hear back from RiF regarding his dash but I'm pretty sure that he doesn't pre-cut them.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Will reply to your e-mail very soon

Our dash is not pre cut as most customers want to change designs. It is quite easy to cut holes but does take a little time. If we were less busy I would do it but work is hectic.

From what we have seen all the dashes fit the same dash!!! but it is good CC are not selling them *wink*

Richard in France

Flying fast in my very bright yellow 226bhp Duratec 7, with internal kevlar/carbon panels and pushrod suspension 😬 😬 😬.for pictures of 7 and carbon

I believe the tubing around the dash on the post 2000 cars was increased in size for SVA purposes. If this is the case then the new dashes will have a return with a larger diameter, therefore should fit over the smaller dash rails of pre 2000 cars.