Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Calling Myles

mav

Oh right, sorry.

Twas a piece of pits. Or something vaguely adjacent.

Other than the moaning-minnies (see 'hands-up' thread in Chitchat), it took us less than two-hours - and a fair chunk of *that* was waiting for Alex to turn up - and then retrieving the bolt he'd dropped into the spark-plug bore of the 1.6 (no plugs in...) *tongue* *wink*

I *did* ask him if he'd be OK loading the crane by himself... he ended up sitting around his lockup until some kind soul turned up - couldn't have done it without him though.

Oh - *and* he had to turn back after 5 minutes because he'd forgotten the k-cradle... 😳

The 1.6 isn't plumbed or dressed at all - no point on the basis that I'm hoping we'll be whipping it straight out again on Sunday.

Only (minor) problems we had were the engine-mounts (they don't seem to want to line up too easily - mebbe one is nadgered) - and one of those spigots that locates the engine and bellhousing - we had nothing to tap it out, so I used a gentle mole-grip approach...

So - easy-peasy. Didn't even have *any* trouble aligning the splines - the engine went straight on.

Saturday is DVA-day - and assuming everything is OK, Sunday will be the swap. I'll speak to Emerald tomorrow to see if I can book a date between next w/e and Anglesey.

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com