Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham "Irvin" Style Flying Jacket and matching hat.

EFA

If I stick mine in the post to you will you wear it 20 times and soften the bugger up for me,I've worn mine 20,000 times and I still stand it up in the wardrobe

Kenny

PS I've lost your number after our correspondance a while ago, I'm thinking of another 7 and would return to the HPC fold if I could find one as good as I sold, anything that springs to mind I would be interested.

Kenny

Good ones are pretty hard to find these days......

You are better off rebuilding a £12k example if you want it 100%

Or wait until Culmer sells his JPE...... He's like the wind that bloke!

I was informed of a cracker last year, but still had the SLR. It was a pukka '93 standard unbastardised car with 6000 on the clock, I passed on it and when I sold mine I checked to see if it was still up for grabs...sold @ £13000...........bugger!

Kenny

Paul I wouldn't say better...........I just never felt as comfortable with the nigh on £30000 superlight as I did with the old VX. I was a little dismayed by all the "they all do that sir noises", it just wasn't plumb ☹️ Although I modified the HPC for competition and it was one noisy little b@stard *thumbup*..all its soundtracks were there for a reason there were no silly knocks, clanks and rattles on it,just intake, exhaust, s/cut box and that bloody fuel pump.......no probs.I knew what it was.

Count I'm miles thinner than Arnie *thumbup*

Kenny

Count, what a great idea, I'm sure it would help Arnie sell the kit, and give the rest of us a larf too.

Kenny, I'm glad that you felt the same as I did, I wasn't sure if there was something else that I'd missed about the Vx car? Mine must've been modified to about the same level by the sound of it, the noise certainly put off Mrs. J from coming out in it too often *cool*, especially after we'd got back from a Swiss trip in the early 90's, when she refused to wear earplugs *eek*

Arnie

Could you also hold one arm above your head and the other touching your knee so I can be assured of the flexible nature of the jacket.

I'd rather the picture was taken outside so I can see the jacket and helmet in natural light, anywhere near the A22 should be OK.

Kenny

Why not buy and recondition an engine and treat yourself to a new chassis and build a bespoke one to your own personal taste ?

You can easy sort a Vx nowadays and then its a matter of building up the rolling chassis and installing the power plant of your choice. If I was after a Caterham these days that's how I'd do it.

Buying a complete car is the expensive way to do things.

I've sourced the bits for a spare engine for about 400 quid. A man with your contacts must surely be able to get a transmission together for a fraction of the cost implied in a complete car ?

Regards

Rowland

Count!!!!

I don't like your tone, what are you saying about Vx drivers? We need to talk *confused* *confused*

TRY 5S

Buzzin' Bee It's never too late for a happy childhood *cool* *cool* *cool*

You don't stop playing because you get old

You get old because you stop playing