Essex, CM2 7PX

Contact Malcolm Forbes

Telephone 01245 491702

Fax 01245 344172

Other Mobile:- 0860 255312

Email info@walthamservices.co.uk

From Avon's website......

Nailing stuff together....

Thanks for the replies. Only just got back on the web post internet problems. i will post the costs as soon as I order a set. which unfortunately is quicker than i would have liked. Checked my Michelin Pileups properly and they are very near to the wear bars.

Graham, are you sitting down? The price for the CR500's at Waltham tyres in Chelmsford is £106.00 + VAT and fitting per tyre!! Mark Piper did warn me they were expensive so I may have to try George Polley for something a bit lighter on the wallet because I need a set of good road tyres that will last from now plus a 3/4000 miles trip to the US in September and I've heard that the average life of CR500's on the road is approx 8.000 miles

Des, shame I didn't get a chance to chat to you about this last night. With no bartering, at the Caterham Festival a couple of years ago, I was offered CR500s at £70 each direct from the Avon Racing guy. IIRC this was for SLR sized rears (205s). Do a search on here for the guy's name and number on Blatchat (try "CR500s as a text search") - I've quoted it a couple of times in posts since.

Thanks Mark, I'll look for the guy and his number. The CR500's from Waltham tyres were only available at 195 x 40 X 15" size whereas my present tyres are 50 sidewall section, so speedo reading will overead, also my spare which i'm too tight to change is a Goodyear eagle so also I'm also concerned what would happen if different sizes were both put on the rear?

As for my invalid car at least its an AC if not quite a Cobra!