Click here if you are having website access problems ×

rear pad gone at 6k

david nelson

David,

The std supply pads from CC are as soft any an over ripe banana. I'm not at all surprised they're worn out. Get some decent pads in there when you replace them. Either Mintex 1144/55/66 or Pagids RS14 (is that the right one?). Bear in mind what you have fitted inthe front too.

Steve.

David

Do you have a brake bias valve because if you don't be very careful on the selection of the rear pads to ensure that you do not upset the brake balance. I also use Pagid RS15's on the front and standard Caterham pads on the rear as recommended to me by James Whiting. I have a brake bias valve and have found a good balance point so intend to stick with this pad combination even if the rears need replacing every 6k *thumbup*

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

• Support Team

The rear pads are £28 from Caterham and are very easy to fit so if you are running AP 4 pots at the front with standard Caterham pads then probably fine to stick with the normal ones on the rear as well. Make sure you get the ones with the blue markings on them as the rear pads to match an AP front set up are different to those for a standard front set up.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Mav?

What's wrong with Ferrodo? DT supplied me some for the fronts when they were out of Mintex. They seem to be fine. Interested as to why your opinion differs if only to see if I'm missing something.

CHeers,

W.Nut *thumbup*.

Rosso Superlight no.087

YellowSeven

Mintex 1144's front std Caterham pads rear. This seems to give a really good brake balance. Given the low cost and ease of replacement *thumbup*

BTW probably about 90% of my driving is testing/racing or trackdays

MikeW

Mega Grad Race No 22

The pad had fractured and a bit fallen off. I will have to keep an eye out on this set. They have been replaced by James Whiting while doing the stamp in the log book service.

My last 7 mainly road use never had the rear pads go, must be the track time I am doing.

Thanks for everyones help

David