Click here if you are having website access problems ×

School Dinners

simonbell

Have just watched part 2 of Jamie Oliver`s school dinners program................

I`m absolutely astounded.........I know it`s been said that school dinners aren`t what they might be but I had no idea just how bad the situation was...............is it really that bad *confused*

I`m appalled and disgusted that our governmnent could allow the situation to get as bad as was shown in the programme........37p per meal............is it any wonder they just serve chicken......and I use the term loosely.....nuggets and turkey twizzlers.

And kids who didn`t know what a leek was.........or that thought rhubarb was an onion..........

It really is sad and depressing

Simon Bell - Caterham 7 Duratec R

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec Check out the website here

Its soo bad in Cambridgeshire that Delberta takes a packed lunch.

I would prefer her to have a hot lunch during the winter but looking at the sloop I decided tha it was best to keep out.

And I wonder why she will not eat anything "proper"

school dinners sponsered by Domino and a mother to tired to fight

The Liver is an evil organ and deserves to be punished *eek*

Last week's was incredible! The laughable stricture placed on the kichen that it wasn't allowed to add salt (when it cooked it's own food) yet was able to serve up tons of reconstituted abbatoir hosedown by-products, fried in breadcrumbs with chips......

Obviously it`s TV but he seemed to at least have some success at primary school level by actually teaching the kids about food...........and they started eating healthy stuff and he even managed to produce a healthy meal within budget.

I was never keen on school dinners when I was a kid but at least it was real food......and usually meat and two veg...................

Intersting point about the junk food sending kids hyper though...........

It`s not the kids fault..........it`s got to be down to the parents and to teachers to teach kids about these things. I`m not a parent myself so I`m sure there are all sorts of other pressures which come into play and what may sound sensible may not work so well in practice.

How can anyone expect kids to develop both physically and mentally if they are fed on that type of food day in day out?

Very thought provoking stuff indeed.

The cocky lisp-meister's utter disbelief & dismay really bangs it home for us - so much so that Kim (Mrs Bee) is contacting Little Miss Bee's school to ask what exactly goes into "hot lunches" 😳

Admittedly, Tayside Contracts who do the catering, give parents a quarterly (I think) menu home to peruse, and they do try to have a balanced choice, plus the menu is created by a dietician, and the cost is nearer the £2.00 mark as opposed to £1.00 😳 which the High School featured charges...

Sssssscottish SsssuperSsssnot!

Ssssneakypeek! and Having fun! *wink*