Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Balamory fans needed

Boonie Hound

Not that I haven't got enough to worry about but.....

The Balamory theme tune goes through the different characters and when it gets to Archie me and Mrs Boonie hear this:

"Archie, he's ever so clever and ever so WARCHIE" - This cannot be right or is some strange word that I have not heard of. So what is it - I have now started shouting at a children's programme - please help.

Also is it me or is there something strange about PC Plumb 🤔

Sorry Norman - Cbeebies - it's designed to get into your head - one minute your quite happily feeding your son mashed banana the next your singing the Teenies theme tune and doing a passable impression of Doodles the dog.

I can't stand it anymore - I even have to wait for the end of Balamory so I can see what happens...I need help.

Maybe Ross can shed some light on it as it may be an accent thing - as I only speak Fen.

Boonie - Tam is right, though I didn't have to go to the CBeebies website to know that. Have you clocked the subplot that PC Plumb really fancies Miss Hooley and that Archie is clearly gay? (Single bloke in his thirties, lives in a big pink castle,wears skirts, tendency to being "arty"). Spencer also fancies Miss Hooley something rotten and I can see trouble brewing here.

As regards impromptu singing of Tweenies songs, I know what you mean. It doesn't get any better. As a result of having two within two and a half years of each other, I am the proud owner of a Tweenies tape that has been jammed in the car cassette player for the last five years. Now totally inured to it, I find myself alone in the car, driving up the road, singing cheerfully along to the songs and filling in the jokes about Jake's "Dotman" cape. One would have thought that incessant playing of a cruddy format like prerecorded cassettes in an autoreverse car deck would kill it and the fact that for the first two years, it was in the humid conditions of a car in the tropics should have been enough to seal its fate, but good.

Oh no. This little &*%@er is made out of some sort of flexible, magnetic alien technology substance from Area 51 that will survive a direct nuclear strike, Al-Quaeda attack or an aggravated parent going at it with a ball-ended hammer and powered circular saw.

The only good thing is that as they get a bit older, I can get away with Queen's Greatest Hits or Miranda Richardson reading "Horrid Henry" stories every now and again.

I also found myself driving about listening to "Horrid Henry" by choice.....

Horrid Henry *thumbup*

I never say no to reading those to the kids - a proper nasty boy, that one *wink*

Have you got them Roddy Doyle's The Giggler Treatment? An absolute classic, I read it to Pat on the plane to Malaysia years ago, we were both in tears, it was so funny *cool*

Poopoo-san and his not quite black and white cat

Tam - Thank you - I have now just shouted Of Course in the office and people are looking at me.

Meldrew - I think you are on to something although I think Plumb may like Spencer too.

Although it's a travesty that Eadie McCreedi (sorry about the spelling) hasn't been banged up for not looking where she is going when driving kids around - she happily takes her eyes off the road and sings into the camera - accident waiting to happen.

And another thing - why is there so many traffic jams on the island.

As to tapes - I fear I have all this to come. I've already stated dancing and singing to the Tweenies.

Myself and Miss Owelly went to Balamory quite by accident. We had been to Islay with my icle boat to conduct a tour of the various distilleries (no DD in a boat *wink*) and whilst meandering our way home (in the car, boat in tow) we stopped off at several Westerly places to plop the boat in for a look about and there it was. A crazy place with funny coloured houses but no sign of the odd copper and the yummy teacher. Although I did have a yummy teacher in the boat with me *confused*

its only a game.........