Click here if you are having website access problems ×

steering rack and springs

The Pits

Wide track steering rack for sale. From '98 superlight R. That makes it an 8% rack and is painted BRG. I'll take £60 for it for a quick sale, but I do ask that whoever buys it collects from London (or maybe meet up at a trackday if you like). I'm also selling some standard (black) slr springs as mine have been uprated to race items. I'll take £20 for those again if someone's willing to come and collect them. Cheers.

I'm afraid I don't. A call to caterham should let you know. They are standard superlight R springs and painted black, from 1998. It was an awesome set up for road driving but as I only use my car on the track now I opted for a more extreme set up. I have to say my car is now awful on the road and skips around so much over bumpy roads it's really hard to use the throttle without kangarooing. The previous set up is a much better compromise for road and performed very well on the track too (Simon Harrison lapped Silverstone gp in 2.10 with a passenger on board with these springs! I struggle to match that with 50 more bhp and race springs!).

• 2 weeks later...

Neil I'll email re the springs tonight. Sorry for the delay, I've been working in Germany last week. Terrible place, not a caterham in sight!

Re the rack, there's a definite first dibbs scenario with the new owner due to pick it up tonight. I'm confident he's still interested and expect it to go this week. Of course should it not happen for any reason I'll repost it on blat chat.