Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Batsrads

Myles

My parents (and therefore I, at the mo.) live next to a small car dealership and workshop. I'd noticed that the forecourt had thinned-out over the last few days (bit odd) - but the bombshell was given to me by one of the mechanics I entertain*

The enterprise has closed and the site will be turned into flats! *mad*

First we've heard about it - dunno where they posted the planning app (if they have yet).

This is going to be a bit of a disaster - it was bad enough with the traffic etc. from the dealership (it backs on to the end of a cul-de-sac).

Hmmph. I can't see any good coming of this.

*I entertain them by working on the 7 opposite the workshop...

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Its a bu$$er whwn that happens, similar happened to my folks except it was an orchard not a garage.

Whilst it is not conselation or even good news, but at least you are prepared , Brownfield develpments are in fashion at the Mo so even if you win at a local level the secreatry of state will prob over rule.

This does however take time

When checking the planing ap at the council orafices get one of the owners who is effected to ask about over looked areas (flats leads on to believe 3 storeys)

Is the garage facarde of architectural merit, keeping that could cost

Can the local storm/ swarage system cope with the increased "traffic"

Also it will take time to change the use of the land from commercial to residential

The Liver is an evil organ and deserves to be punished *eek*

We've spoken to the local planning office - they'd heard that the site had been sold, but as yet, no planning-app has been lodged.

My parents' house is a 3-storey Victorian terrace - and due to the history of the site, only the top-floor (my lair) has windows directly overlooking the site.

What's going to be 'interesting' is that our boundary-wall for the garden is the end-wall of the workshop and showroom. It's also completely-covered by a climbing rose - and at two-storeys high, dominates the garden.

Heh-ho. We've got a couple of little goodies up our sleeves - I believe we have access-rights between our garden and the apron outside the workshop (which we don't use - it's currently fenced) - not much of a thorn for the new owners, but it does make a chunk of the land redundant for them.

Now, if they'll give *me* one of the flats gratis, they can build what they like (don't tell the parents *wink*)

I believe we have access-rights between our garden and the apron outside the workshop (which we don't use - it's currently fenced)

UN-fence it toute suite and start 'exercising your rights' again. *eek*

Sorry to hear the noos. ☹️

FH *cool*

This had crossed my mind...

This will be the third set of owners since we moved in 18-20ish years ago. The first set knew about it, we never really had much dealings with the second set and they might have been unaware of the situation (the original set ran a petrol-station/shop in addition to the car activities)

Sorry to hear that Myles.

Some would be pleased to get rid of a garage and have flats. As long as they are not too high.

It is the only way the motor trade make any money - out of the property they use.

A friend of mine is so restricted, by householders objections, at his dealership that he often thinks he'll sell the land to a developer. Only reason he doesn't is because he'll put 60 people out of work.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Mem No 2166, the full story here