Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K series dry sump

SteveB

I have an MGF cup dry sump pan, scavange pumps and cam cover (modified to take screw in breathers.

I've listed them on ebay, item number: 4531157364, and I think these parts when used with an oil tank, catch tank, oil lines, scavange pump mounts, pulley drive and suitable belt would work on a Caterham too. The system uses the stock K oil pump - the same as the Caterham system I believe.

Not sure what its all worth but if anyone wants to make me an offer I could be persuaded to end the auction early.

SteveB

Steve, from the ebay pic it looks like there are no holes in the sump to take the two horizontal bolts from the bellhousing - and there looks to be a single bolt hole vertically by the bellhousing edge of the pan (on a Caterham)- is this correct?

If so I suspect there's no way of securing the rear edge of the pan to the block/ bellhousing on a Caterham.

If I'm wrong i'll happily make you an offer!

Martin

2004 ex-Academy car going on Roadsports B...

If everything's under control you're going too slow (Emmerson Fittipaldi)

I've just checked a piccie I took from a sligthly different angle that I never used, and it looks to have the horizontal bolt holes.

I'd be surprised if it didn't since I know these are used when fixing the sump to the PG1 gearbox on the MGF/Elise.

I'll take so more pictures tonight and mail them to you - drop me a mail to sb@sophos.com so I know where to send them :)

SteveB

Steve, If you don't mind, can I tack this onto your thread, as I've got a surplus s/h, but perfect, bellhousing tank for a k series. It is an early one without the "conning tower", but I understand these are available from CC anyway. I'm after £175 for it and with Steves kit, it is the only other major part needed to complete the conversion. I can be contacted on 01823 421748 if anyone has any queries.

Paul J. Hard work never killed anyone ........ but why take the chance!