Click here if you are having website access problems ×

car transporter trailer for loan or rent

sparkey

I need a trailer to carry an Elan + 2 (approx 13ft total length I think) in the North of England for a day. Anyone know of any good source of such a trailer for rent, or would be willing to loan/rent me thiers for a day? (I don't think a minno would be up to it.)

Thanks

Sparkey

Sparkey, not sure where you're based, I've hired from: Richard Blake, 40 Winkfield Rd, Windsor Tel; 01753 868038... advantage here is unlike the likes of Indespension he has ratchet straps. His is a large 4 wheeler suitable for a +2, think he charges c. £45 per 24 hours.

Tricks

Y57 CDS "Mutley"

Tockwith Trailer Hire in, would you believe, Tockwith near York, have Brian James car trailers for hire....3 I believe available. Can't remember the rates but very reasonable. Not sure where abouts in the North of England you are though.......Number not to hand but try Directory enquiries.

Andrew

Sparkey,

Seems to be a lot of 7's in that neck of woods......relations of mine live in Buxton and I always see a different 7 every time I visit. I also know a guy at Pot Shrigley who has one.

Kenny HPC

PS Did you go to the show at Capesthorne in May?

Kenny, yes on summer weekends the roads around Buxton are full of 7s and most other types of sportscar. I have a W*******d, and a friend in Whaley Bridge has another one, and we were both at Capesthorne in May. (My W*******d is yellow, my friends is red with an aluminium monstrosity on the bonnet to cover a very tall fiat/lancia twin cam engine).

There is a Caterham somewhere in the village as well, but usually when I see it and wave I'm in my company car and the poor guy has no idea why I'm waving at him !

Sparkey

Sparkey

Can't believe that you cannot find anyone in the Manchester area to hire a trailer from! Seems that you will be making a few too many journeys over the Pennines......

I know Whaley Bridge very well, my brother lives in New Mills, although I've never taken the Seven over to see him. I am originally from Merseyside and used to do road rallies in the 70's around Derbyshire etc.

Andrew