Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T Midas Kit Car

Midas

• Leadership Team

Anyone fancy a little project, or a cheap fun car.

The time has come for me to part with my Midas Bronze Kit Car - built by me in 1985, and owned ever since. (for those who may not know what it looks like, it is an update of the Mini Marcos, designed by Gordon Murray)

The car is mini-based, with lots of interesting bits on it: 1275 GT engine with Stage 2 head (unleaded) and Cam, adjustable suspension etc etc. Everything was new or refurbished.

I've only done about 35 000 miles in the car. The reason for selling is that, as my car collection has grown, so it has had less and less use - indeed I have not used it on the road since it passed its MoT in Jul 04, although I have run it round the private roads on the estate to keep it form seizing up. It is insured but not taxed.

There is too much history and detail to go into here, but I would 'bore' you for as long as you like if anyone is intrigued enough to give me a ring. (01932 355584)

I'm looking for £1000.

P.S. Something to consider - many of the current owners are 17 - 18 year olds. The insurance on a car of this type is so much cheaper than a conventional car. One club member was quoted £600 TPFT, despite the extensive modifications on the car, this was compared with £1100 for an 850cc mini.

• Leadership Team

Hi, someone rang today (4 mar 05) and left a message on the answerphone - sadly we promptly deleted it!!!

So, if you could ring back please - sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

Richard