Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oops

Myles

Don't ask. *mad*

The head-gasket/liner-height/liner-sealing problem came back with avengence - only sign on the drive-over (starting at 6AM) was a flicker on the temp gauge just before I got there (160 miles in the snow etc. - no heater, aeroscreen...)

Almost ran out of coolant - it'd found its way into the oil again.

Nursed it away from Emerald - and the SPA OP gauge packed up. Nursed it a bit further and decided that it wasn't worth the risk (especially as I could no-longer tell how thin the oil was getting) - so called the RAC.

That was the only good-news of the day really - they sent a local contractor out with a flatbed and took me home. Arrived where I was waiting within an hour. Not bad, methinks.

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

The water-into-oil trick is the only problem I'm aware of - it's either liner-sealing and/or liner-height.

There is now, of course, a risk that I have damaged bearings, etc. etc. by running with contaminated oil (someone I know remembers Peter Carmichael saying that Ethylene Glycol coolants are death for bearings if they get mixed into oil - that and the fact that the oil is thinned out).

Anything you can do? Don't think so - I need to get the engine out, but I think I can probably work that one out locally - I normally have to work out on the street - and can't even host people in the house (being as it is my parents place - really *ought* to get a job/life etc... *wink* )

Thanks for asking though.

Oh - we couldn't risk running the car on the RR - so I need to get it properly mapped when it's fixed. The good-news is that the map I have now is perfectly driveable on the road - so getting to Emerald is not the nightmare-scenario it was a few weeks back.