Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ANGRY THREAD !!

Laurence Wilson

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm ...

As best I can gather, he's one of those cheery blokes who is everyone's friend. He lives on site (a garden centre) but I don't think he's related to the owner ??

When my girl started this month the rumour mill immediately suggested he had taken a liking to her; altho' she allegedly talks about me quite often and it was quite clear she was with someone. After a couple of weeks he told her he liked her but respected she in a relationship.

Now, I'm 21 and Suzie's 27 and has a gorgeous young girl. Suzie's been in with the little one who doesn't take well to adult men if they're in her face; she told him to go away and pushed him, so I'm told *tongue* !!

I get the impression, when the nameless bloke learnt my age he decided he was in with a chance and I was a passing fad.

As I've said, since he's been gifted her number I've learnt he's text her a number of times. On successive days he sent to ask when could she come in to pick up some coloured play sand he'd got for Leonie; can she meet him on her day off to talk; an innocent how's her day been.

He's started grabbing her in store. I don't know how frequent or innocent this is but it's unwanted.

Other members of staff have noticed she has become quite irritated by him (I think she's shouted at him) but would appear to have found it a little amusing 'cos "he's not been like it to anyone before".

Unfortunately, I saw how she reacted in a similar situation before we began dating; she became visibly uncomfortable but when telling the bloke to piss off wasn't exactly assertive.

When she recieves texts, too, she often replies to say she's been with me but I don't think has ever asked him to stop texting.

She has said she doesn't want to cause a problem for herself in her new job but I think she should still say something.

So with the exception of what I've already mentioned, I'm at a loss for what to do.

Pear shaped

Edited by - Peardrop on 24 Feb 2005 17:52:03

Perhaps she needs to clarify her personal situation with him, and that he makes her uncomfortable?

That way she can honestly say she has given him plenty opportunity to back off.

If he still doesn't take heed then she can quietly threaten him with a complaint in writing to management - calling his bluff hopefully 😳

If that STILL doesn't work, you tell him that an angry scottish acquantance will pay him a visit & ram his baby bio where it wasn't designed to go *cool*

Sssssscottish SsssuperSsssnot! - Ssssneakypeek! and Having fun! *wink*

Peardrop

I know it is very easy to advise others what to do, so feel free to ignore.

However, if it was me, I would suggest that, next time he texts her, she send him back a polite text saying that she is flattered by his attention, but she is firmly in a relationship, and his messages and familiarity are now making her uncomfortable.

If that does not work, I would then suggest that she sends him a message saying that she is not happy, that she will not do anything official if it stops, but otherwise she will need to do something official.

If that does not work, I would make it official.

Poopoo-san and his not quite black and white cat

Peardrop.....I live on the south coast and am consdierably bigger 'n' 9 stone 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

I'm sure Mrs GTD could help put the frighteners on too....with her Elephant gun 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Paul...Interroute - as in the partnership of Balfours and Mott MacD in Gillingham...If so....drop me an e-mail! I have contacts there 😬

Dannyboy *tongue*