Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Battery Conditioner

Golf Juliet Tango

• Area Representative

I am going to purchase a conditioner: in this case having scanned the thred as the Optimate III. I probably want to create a permanant connection point, as I will also want to power my GPS. Does the Accumate two pin waterproof lead offer a more secure connection for these items than the fag-lighter accessory connector? I am quite happy to butcher (modify) the GPS power converter if neccesary, but if it's not worth the effort I'll take the easier route. Any thoughts?

• Area Representative

Thanks

I rather assumed that it would have a decent latch: my reservation is to do with plugging other bits in. The GPS will need soething and I rather fancy some sort of light: but could easily make this up myself.

In the end I don't suppose it makes so very much difference...

GJT - Why not fit a XLR socket to your 7, then make up a short lead with a XLR plug on one end and the "Tamiya" connector to connect to your conditioner on the other. This would then give you a solid, locking connector in the 7 and you could then fit XLR plugs to the GPS, map lights, etc...

I've just fitted a trailing XLR socket, but I intend to put a flush mounting socket into a small box and attach it under the dash somewhere.

cheers,

Darren.

• Area Representative

Darren:

Yes that might be the solution: what ever goes in will be down in the bulkhead somewhere. I can certainly get XLRs or Speakons for nothing - Canford Audio will certainly do a 12V lamp on the end of a gooseneck with an XLR on the end - which is probablly more useful than a market stall light in cheap plastic case with a fag lighter plug on the end.

Another day of thought then it's decision time - because I'll order the bits.