Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T just case anyone fancies a change - TVR Chim.

chimburt

looking for a cat, so the V8 has to go:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/detail.asp?i=37098&s=1

may consider p-ex on a cat of the right spec, cash your way, as i'm after an SL/SLR/SS 1.8/1.8VVC pref with SL suspension, 6 sp box, ant-cav and windscreen/doors etc.

not really interested in anything pre '98 unless it's been VERY well cared for.

*smile*

edited to add value of cat 19-20 absolute max *thumbup*

Edited by - chimburt on 23 Feb 2005 10:38:56

A TVR in this weather, ROFLMAO see here *eek*

Good luck selling it, I had an S2 for 3 years and 65,000 miles as a daily commuter, great fun but not as nice a sound as the V8 but nimble. Shame about the reliability back then (1990).

Roy.

See willfly.net for more info.

If you don't spin you ain't trying *smile*

Happiness is knowing you have just a tad too much power *wink*

snow! have a look on PH if you want more sorry tails. a number have been off the road in the past few days 😳

did get caught in snow once, on a dual-carriageway, heavy traffic ( mostly stationary - hence the build up of snow ). about 1/2 hour of hills starts, and relatively steep at that!

can't say as i found it a problem meself. *biggrin*

anyhow - the time of year has nothning to do with it. people seem to be buying, judging by the number of 'new owner' posts on PH in the chim forums. *thumbup*

I had a Chimaera 500 for about 3 years; drove it in all weather including the snow! Absolutely fine so long as you treated it with respect but certainly alot less forgiving than a Seven. It really is a fantastic ownership experience - worth buying for the noise alone. And don't be put off by the supposed reliability issues either; the Rover derived V8 cars are bullet proof. I defected to Caterham a) to go faster and b) because I wouldn't touch a later model TVR 'speed six' engine with a barge pole *eek*.

Chimburt, welcome aboard - but we'll probably have to get you a 'Catburt' logon though - you might want to reserve it now! Good luck with the sale.

R400 C

Chill out about the age... being pre-SVA is a bonus therefore 96 or 97 should do you well and with less restrictions on emissions.

Mileage is usually low for Sevens, therefore the year of registration is not as sensitiave as the engine spec and mileage.

Good luck and welcome to the funny farm.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 222bhp Sausage delivery machine

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up having to part ex my chimeara for a really crap price for a 111s - best car I've ever had, although considering a cat now.

The TVR was so unpredictable, on viewing the Lotus for the first time I made a point on swapping it at the dealers there and then,rather than attempt the 100 mile round trip the following day!

Don't be put of though it's a great car and I'd have another one - but in good nick.

Good luck

Kevo *thumbup*