Click here if you are having website access problems ×

harumpppph

Buda

me

son, Tom aged 10, "Dad its parents evening tonight, are you going?"

me "why of course, are you sure its tonight?"

Tom "yes, the headmaster mentioned it this morning in assembly"

me "OK, I'll go"

me thinks "hmm its quite a nice night, if a bit nippy, I think I'll walk, its only half an hour each way"

so I set off, past the offlicense, past the group of scary threatening kids, past the slags at the bus stop (buggers didnt even offer me any of their cider), past the spa, turn left, thinks "quite down here tonight, thought there would be more cars, you know, it be parents evening and all" then it dawns as I get to the school, its next bloody week.

so I'm home now, just defrosting, not very pleased with said son, trying to think of a suitable punishment, options are:

a) make him sleep in the shed till thursday

b) carve 'I am a liar' on his head with a spoon

c) eat all the biscuits so he cant have any for supper

d) melt all his lego

e) play cliff richard music very very loud out of my car when I pick him up from school next time

f) pretend I went to parents evening and that he is being expelled to a monastic school where you have to do god stuff all the time and eat worms

g) be nice and say it doesn't matter whilst smashing his gamecube to bits with a hammer

any other suggestions?

Tell him he was mistaken, but you managed to have a really, *really* long chat with his tutor/teachers as a result of the lack of competition...

...but then put the discussion off until a day or two hence to help him sweat...

Or wait until his next birthday - and delay it a week.

Or make him eat fish

*smile*

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com