Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sad News - Robin Oldfield

Silver 21

It it with great sadness that I report the death on Tuesday of Robin Oldfield a fellow competitor in Class 3 for the last few years.

I know a few competitors knew but for those that didn't Robin had been fighting Cancer for the last 5 years but carried on with as much as a normal life as possible including sprinting. Robin was very quick over the last few years and I was shocked when sitting chatting to him last year to be told of his illness. He knew he had not long to live but expectations were longer than this.

Robin contacted an infection after Chritmas and as his immune system was low struggled to recover from this and this in turn led to his death last week.

I am sure it goes without saying that Robin will be missed in the Paddock and our thoughts are with his family at the moment, Paul Dickens is sending me details were donations can be sent and if anyone wants these details email offline and I will forward them on.

I propose that the new Novice Championship Trophy is named after Robin in his memory if everyone is happy with that?

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

Graham,

Excellent idea.

I was somewhat shocked and upset when Paul Dickens who had Known Robin for many years called me at the weekend to tell me that Robin had lost his fight against cancer, as before Christmas he seemed so well with his illness under control.

When able, Robin was a frequent attendee at our Pennine club meets and always ready to help.

Robin operated his 7 on a modest budget , so all credit to his abilites behind the wheel , he will be missed. On behalf of all seveners and especially the Pennine club members may I say our thoughts are with his family at this time.

Tony7

Yes Graham, naming the Novice Championship Trophy after Robin would be a fitting tribute.

Robin was one of the longer standing members of the 7club and competed in the clubs sprint/hill climbs for many years. Encouraging new members, including myself, to have a go at competition.

He was a good friend and one of the 7clubs, and lifes, true gentlemen.

He will be greatly missed.

Paul