Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I wish I knew!

Blatman

Barry

Today, when using the back button (browser and keyboard) the index page (either the main one or the thread index) resets to the current time. It removes the purple "unread" thread folders from the thread index, and removes "new" from the main index page. This makes it harder to see which threads I have read without actually checking the time. Most irritating. Is this a bug, or a new "upgrade" If it's the latter, I don't like itsad.gif

Oh yeah..........

Also if you make a mistake when posting (like forgetting to enter your passwordwink.gif) when you press the back button as instructed, the rest of the text is missing too. Frustrating when there are several lines if it......Or is it just my sys admins fooling around where they shouldn't be.......... again wink.gif

Edited by - Blatman on 28 Sep 2001 17:51:18

I'm not sure about this; I had a similar problem soon after we moved servers but I've rebuilt my home machine acouple of times since then and it seems to have sorted itself out.

If you're using ie; go to tools/internet options. On the General tab there is a box headed Temporary Internet Files. Click the settings button, what does it say about frequency of checking for newer versions? Mine's set to "Automatically" and it seems to be ok, in other words, I've just tested the missing password thing and all the text was still in the box.

Barry

Hmmmmmm

IE at work on NT4. Options are "every time you visit the page", "every time you start IE" or "never".

My guesswork tells me that with the "every visit" selection ticked it's re-setting every time I use the back button, which is definitely a change from before. Could it be a back office change by the sys-adminsquestion.gif It it the cookiequestion.gif Is it mequestion.gif Probably..........

My guesswork tells me that with the "every visit" selection ticked it's re-setting every time I use the back button, which is definitely a change from before.

Fixed it..............

Some-one's been buggering about with my system.........gggrrrrr

Thanks again Barry. You are the man.......

Now, about that [confused] emoticon that Fullharness wants..........biggrin.gifwink.gif