Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Additional Filtration In Wet Sump Oil System

YellowSeven

As everyone is probably aware the filteration offered by standard oil filter is totally rubbish (125 micron - if your lucky) So I wish to fit an addition good in-line filter (single figure micron).

The car is a 1.6K wet sump running an appollo, my question is where would be the best/easiest/most efficient place to put the filter?

Take a sandwich plate ( like the apollo tank one) and fit it on the filter housing , then run a remote fitment filter off this ? yu could mount it on the frnt chassis x member .

Think have all the parts for one .

You may wish to consider the pressure required to pass a single micron filter ? will the system cope ?

All,

I used a Pall PCM and pulled a patch of my oil. I use Silkolene oil and the OEM MG filter, the oil is changed every 750 miles and the results were frightening!!

Common oil filters are of such a poor standard in filteration terms, the debris they do not pick up is huge!! We all change our oil far to often but with current synthetic technology there is no need, however its probably wise to do due to the poor filter technology we run in our cars.

Take a look at the link below, this very filter is used by the Ferrari F1 team (protect gearbox), Honda's British superbike team and many others PTP also used them while developing various ilkes of K series.

http://212.240.121.32/new/application.asp?id=4

Granted much of the K is aluminium, but tests have proven that they DO remove aluminium particulate.

The Mini module retails at around £150

I use these filters in work, they are excellent and you dont see any pressure drop, not even when the filter is fully blocked, its all down to the design.

I'd say this would be a good investment for you guys with big bucks, steel engines

Dave, try the MIDI module, slightly larger than the MINI and 3/4" ports

Edited by - Oz7 on 21 Feb 2005 11:25:32