Click here if you are having website access problems ×

question for Myles/Mav

neil.cavanagh

Your Spa Oil/Oil gauge... I want one! :-)

looking on spa-direct they seem to be about £150. Does it come with the correct sensors? Will the oil temp sensor screw straight into my apollo, or do I need a different sensor?

Likewise the oil pressure gubbins... are the bits it comes with a direct replacement, or do I need some extra bits and bobs?

I'm due an oil change before Angelsey @ easter so would like to fit one then. This means sourcing all the parts I need during the next couple of weeks.

Oh, and my lowered floor kit install has had to be canceled due to work trip... so I'm using the budget from that! 😬

Neil,

Yes - they come with sensors.

The temp-sensor is a direct-replacement for the one in the water-rail or Apollo.

The OP sensor has a slightly-different thread, IIRC (metric) - but this isn't important because you'll want to spend another £15 or so at Think Automotive to get a 30cm length of braided hose and a couple of connectors - this allows you to move the sensor into the engine-bay away from rocks and crud.

It's all stuff that you can fit yourself without any trouble - the only thing I'd suggest to make things more reliable and ease the installation is to enquire about Think constructing the hose for you - it's a bit of a faff cutting the braid so that it fits reliably into the connector etc. etc.

Have you got a carbon or ali dash, btw?

For some reason, although the gauges are a standard 52mm diameter (allegedly), they don't fit straight into my dash. I had to file the cutouts slightly. Not a big deal, but a bit of a PITA if you've done the rest of the work and just want to drive the car...

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Right - in that case;

i) Remember that they offer a 25% (or more) discount to L7CoGB members

ii) Take the OP sender with you - the adapter they sent me needed a small amount of internal modification to fit - if you give them the sender, they can choose the right part straight off. I didn't have the option due to time and distance constraints - so I just modified it.

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...