Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Conway tyres

Lali

I can confirm they're heavier I used their F2's for a while.

Remoulds will always be heavier because they are adding a new tread, which wraps round the side walls, on top of most of the old tread.

Unless you are racing, in which case you won't be thinking of using remoulds anyway, then I don't think the weight is a big deal. They are just so cheap and so soft. Marvellous.

I used Maxsport RB4s (double yellow compund)which are much the same thing. (Nice intermediate looking tread) Very soft compound, and great for the road when the surface is wet or temp is very low. They are however completely useless on a track as they overheat after about 1 lap at circuit speeds.

There is a place called Treble B tyres in Caterham who I belive have the distribution rights to the Maxports. They used to charge about £30 each!

Fat Arn

The NOW PROVEN R500 Eaterid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

I tired Colway F2s on my Mk1 RS2000 Rally car. They cost about $42 + shipping + VAT + fitting and the AO21Rs I now use are at least 1 sec/mile faster and last much longer.

I tried the Maxsport RB before the Colway and I agree with Arnie that they are so soft they "go off" in about 2 miles.