Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bleed Tee Kits

Grim Reaper

Following a visit to the US I once more have a supply of Coolant flush and Bleed Tee kits to dispose of.

11 kits (3 different sizes of tee piece,1 cap, 2 hose clips and hosepipe adapter) at £7 inc p+p

3 just tees (5/8" pipe fitting including cap) at £4 inc p+p

drop me an email at grimreaper@grimreaper.e7even.com or post a request reply on this thread.

I will allocate on a time and date basis between both methods so being top of the list on here does not necessarily mean top of the list as they get to me (trying to make it a first come first served thing to avoid disputes and arguments a la Petrolhead) 😬

No, the kits come with the option of 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4" tee pieces, they would normally go into the top heater hose or the return feed from the thermostat housing to water rail pipe on the K series (the highest point in the coolant system) I would not see any point in putting it in the top radiator hose since the radiator normally has a bleed screw in it that can let air out of that end of the circuit.

In the positions described above the tee piece becomes the ideal place to let the last bits of air out and to top up the system from (with the reservoir cap closed)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Going back a bit I know, but do you have any more, or can you point me in the right direction please - I am ahving difficulty in bleeding my K-Series,and it is having major overheating problems.

many thanks

Bruce

Thanks John

Fingers crossed - Job done. Not a daunting task, although a bleed T will make it easier next time.

Just been out and about for 20 mins - Motorway, C roads and queing in city traffic. Temp didn't get past 100 and when it id the fan cut in and dropped it back down. Appears to be sorted.

Out of interest:

Symptoms - overheating,

Signs - high pitched whistle and then steam from under bonnet.

Cause - Lack of coolant because of a loose top hose to the radiator - jubilee clip just there for decoration. Checked all the clips on my Samco hoses - replaced last year - and all clips were loose.

I don't know whether the hoses or the clips I used were the root cause, but I will be checking the frequently from now on. (the clips were one of the two brands that are recommended on these pages under “Samco Hoses”).