Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I've missed you all...even Davis

Boonie Hound

I'm back from the sunny Lakes - hands around Kendal mintcake.

Unfortunately I now need a holiday to get over the one I just had.

Dog nearly died and had to undergo emergency surgery for a gastric torsion. Basically her stomach twisted and filled with gas. I have never heard her make noises like she that before - we let her outside to be sick and she tried to dig a hole and then get into it. Rushed her to the Windermere vets in the dead of night - who were brilliant. They said our quick actions probably saved her as they thought she had probably an hour to live. Fortunately she pulled through but no walking on the hills or swimming in the lakes. Poor girl. Still looking very sorry for herself but I am so glad she made it - I have always wanted a dog and she is really part of our family.

Then to add to our problems we discovered a lump on R400's (Daniel) neck. Doctor diagnosed ear infection and prescribed antibiotics - which has given us a very grumpy baby and explosive nappies. But on the plus part he has started to crawl - nothing is safe.

All in all a very fraught two weeks so I've come in here for some peace and quiet.

Sorry Mr and Mrs GTD we would have loved to see you Sunday but we had our hands full. Please come and see us agian next time you venture to the Fens.

What's been happening here?

"I've missed you all...even Davis"

You ought to chck your sights are in-line... 😳 *tongue*

BTW the 'holiday' sounded like a complete nightmare! And I know what you mean about always wanting a dog, etc, and am glad to hear that alls well that ended well.

Take it easy fella.

rgds

BB

Thanks - glad to be back in the sheds

Boonie Hound seems to be happier to be home - although did wake me at 4am on Sunday to tell me she was desperate for the loo - I think she's been watching too many Lassie movies.

I'm sure R400 will be fine - just one of those kid things.

Anything exciting been going on in here?

Here Boonster, have some peace and quiet left over from the aftermath of one of the Shed parties *tongue*

The GRs send Boonie Hound lots of slobbery kisses... dogs do celebrate Valentine's Day don't they?

Time to switch perchance to disposy naps for a while with R400 *eek* Hope he soon loses his *mad* and returns to being all *biggrin*s

FH *cool*