Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ITG Box type airfilter and backplate - unused

dalec

New and unused (still in wrappers) ITG Megaflow (black and red) box type airfilter model JC50 and separate mounting backplate.

Filter is 440 mm (w) x 150mm (h) x 210 mm (d). Matching backplate is for Caterham 7 k-series with DTH throttle bodies.

£70 the set 😬 - cost £125 new. Could arrange carriage at an additional £6.

ex P7DHC ☹️

PP, it won't fit with your Caterhanm roller barrels. My Jenvey's are much shorter and I've got a 50mm spacer and a 140mm sausage filter on the end of them which *just* fits under my bonnet. However give that the K likes long inlets, if you stuck some really long trumpets (say, about 170mm) on the end of your roller barrels, you'd have a pretty top notch set-up there. You'd have to cut the bonnet though... and possibly watch out for pedestrians in case you sucked them into your engine. *tongue*

I'm sorely tempted by this for my next "change". Don't think I can afford it now which is a bit of a nuisance as it is definitely a bargain. I much prefer the look of the box type over the sausage type.

Agree with V7 SLR - the longer the inlet the better the torque! Plus you need some space at end of trumpets inside the filter.

But there will be limits - sucking in and knocking over pedestrians are a couple of them! 😳

ex P7DHC ☹️

Interested, but I need to get home and do some measurements. I have individual Jenvey bodies on a manifold sold by Southern Carbs and (I think) 90mm trumpets. I already have a cutout in the bonnet but it all looks a bit daft because the ITG sausage filter doesn't stick out. OTOH I don't want the filter to stick out too much either, so need to check first.

"However give that the K likes long inlets"

( not having a dig nige ) But its not realy true - the 1600 appears far more sensitive to trumpet length than 1800 ( both on 1227/1444), the 1900 is not yet proven either way .....

It depends on the engine capacity and the cams you are using .I am using "short" trumpets on my latest engine !

Dave

C7 TOP *tongue*