Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Official Authorised excuses 2005

Jason Plato

Mr Grigsby

I'm afraid Mr Margel is right, it was last April when you competed at Lydden in your own car, so only 10 months ago 😬 😬 😬 😬

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

Last winter, it got so cold in my garage that the rubber compound of my tyres metamorphosed into plastic

I was sure that the marshall waved a flag at me

My daughters left their dollys in the passenger footwell and from the noise I thought a wheel was about to drop off

My 2 excuses :

"I don't want to break my car again - so I'm taking it easy"

"My ACB10 A24's are 2 years old and have been outside this winter so they're no better than road going Michelins now"

Both are true to some extent and therefore, I wont be trying too hard *wink*

Edited by - Alex Wong on 25 Feb 2005 12:00:04

Well....... I had grand plans of taking sprinting a bit more seriously this year, but it's been such hard work keeping the car running over the last 16 months, and it still aint right yet so it's a bit early to say. I'd love to do some this year but I need a car that will work first!. I think I've just abused the poor thing.

Hopefully will do a few this year and maybe try and do the championship next year. Will definitely be slow as I've done so little fast driving in the last 2 years, and everybody else has done the sprint/hillclimb tracks before whereas I've only done Curborough.

Haw's that for a few more excuses?