Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Get off your s you lot!

FH

My MP, who I know and has helped me fight BT, is giving up. She says it's because of re-introduction of all night sittings.

Thats not like her, she's had enough of trying to justify crap policies.

I'll not bother to protest as I'm sure no one's listening.

Just stop the world whilst I get off.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Mem No 2166, the full story here

I will MAKE myself find time and write to my MP on this one.

If it startling now STUPID and blinkerd the people who wrote the document must be.

How could they not think that maybe a better way to increase safety is tougher driving test, with 5 year re-tests and more advanced training and tests for drivers.

Seriously, if everyone writes something along the lines of being a considerate driver, regularly taking training (fingers crossed when typing this bit for those who haven't) *eek* to keep your skills honed...fed up with being 'nannied' and being 'dumbed down'...

Go on to say that education is the answer.

Teach people how to read the road, act on the information and drive appropriately for the conditions.

Ongoing assessments rather than one poxy test to last 70 years. We have CPD in business, so why not in driving?

Keywords/phrases are: driving within the limits of vision; "never be travelling at such a speed that you cannot stop, on your own half of the road, well within the distance you can see to be clear"; adjusting speed for that vision; having the correct attitude towards other road users; awareness; developing judgement of speed and distance; good acceleration and deceleration skills; understanding vehicle dynamics and how a car handles in a curved path; driving appropriately for the conditions.

(That latest advertisement where the girl is lying against a tree really makes me *mad* If you hit her at 40, she'll probably die but hit her at 30 and she'll probably live. So, it's OK to hit the girl at 30) *confused* *mad*

The only saving grace for this proposed legislation is that it'll be nigh-on impossible to 'police'... that is until we all have spy technology in our cars... in which case, I shall not be the one turning the lights out.

I need a lie-down

FH *cool*

I reckon you throw in human rights and them looking to limit our ability to free move around the country!

Plus defacing the country side with additional signs.

The proposal to base a speed limit on the 'mean' speed is stupid. How can this have any relevance to a 'safe' speed?

If they were serious about reducing traffic deaths they would be doing as FH suggested and introducing complulsory re-tests (if the US can do it then we sure as hell can) and making the test actually hard to pass, as well as relevant to real life.

They partially succeeded with motorbike safety when they made the tests tougher and introduced levels of test. Why can't they do the same with cars?

I can feel a bit ranting letter session coming on this weekend.... 😬 😬

Waste of time writing to our MP - he's a blinkin GIMP *mad* (*)

I didn't vote for him, and don't rate him on the same level of humanity, let alone wish to write to his secretary. It's a known fact that he's a "political" animal and has little time for his "plebeian" constituants, who merely exist to worship him once every 4 years at an election 😳

(*) this is my own personal opionion Mr Blair, Cur; and does not impinge on L7C or anyone else on this forum, they can all make up their own minds 😬