Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Windscreen Urgently Required

Silver 21

Due to a serious of large cracks that appeared in my windscreen (I accidently lent on the mirror)I am now in urgent need of a new/used windscreen ideally with Black surround in the Midlands area. I'm competing in 2 Hill Climbs on Sat/Sun and I don't think the scrutineer will let me compete with it as it is.

I don't really want to spend the best part of £200 on a new one!!!!

Help

Graham

The windscreen suround on my Lotus Seven comes apart,remove the side supports and look for 2 small screws at the base. the bottom rail should remove and any decent winscreen replacers should be able to cut and fit a new screen,cost me about £25 last year. Dont know if Caterhams are the same but they've got to get the glass in so the frame must come apart..

Rae

Graham - I have a brand new (used only once) silver screen that I will not use now, this is one of the heated ones

if you make me a reasonable offer you can have it

comes free with suction mirror, and original bubble wrap!

Rob (near reading, which is possibly too far away)

Thanks for all the suggestions & assistance guys, in the end I resorted to taking the frame to bits and getting RAC Auto Windscreens to cut me a new piece of tinted laminated glass for the princely sum of £40, they even fitted back into the frame for me (with a bit of difficulty!!!)

The heater element wasn't connected on the old screen so I wasn't too worried about that.

Thanks anyway for all the offers of help

Graham