Click here if you are having website access problems ×

where has all the good stuff gone

henry21p

is stupid. when I was a youngster there was so much exciting stuff to dream about owning... gadgets, toys, consumer electronics.

I've just spent 2 hours looking and NOTHING has excited me as something i really want to own.

someone please suggest something.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

getting there. though I've got my 21 to keep me company and I was thinking more along the electronics/gadgets/toys route on this one....

not even funky electronics are funky any more. I remember when they were fun and exciting and new!

though I like the other idea. sailed a nice big old ketch for a bit around europe... bloody good fun. 72ft.

Edited by - Dave21P on 8 Feb 2005 22:21:12

had a tiller too - not a wheel. was a right pig in bad weather.

and got something very similar inherited from my grandfather there... did an electonics degree and inherited lots of vaguely relevant stuff including some VERY old original IBMs etc too. And some amps that have valves

was a lovely old crate launched in 1902 (the ketch). HUGE boom, proper old block and tackle job, none of those winch handles. Tiller was quite good fun helming down the bay of biscay in bad eather. brace both feet on far side of cockpit with elbows under the tiller and hang on for dear life for hours on end. every time I wanted a cuppa, steered into any one of the waves so the bow hit and knocked the rest of the crew out of their bunks. port side completely under water, waves breaking over my head. good job and damned good fun. the smell of sick from below kept me at the helm for 3 watches in a row too... nearly killed me. gives me a lot of respect for that macarthur lass, even if she DID have a wheel, autopilot and gps....

sounds like a plan..

Suggestions so far from people

get an "Audrey" like Delberts

A nice MP3 player so my CD's stop dying in the car

Helicopter (indoor variety)

Steering wheel for my racing games

Remote control light switch for my room

A TOUCH SCREEN! now that's an exciting one...

delbert suggested that kind of thing last night and got reprimanded..... So - tsk tsk Paul.

To add to the list

Fuji S5500 digital camera

Digital camcorder with bullet cam - any recommendations on that one? (I've looked at Angus' site for a little information)

back to the original one I showed you... 1960s sub-urbia.

Taking your advice and getting something middle of the road and easy to sell on for the 1st property! Signed the forms for mortgage on monday. Sent 1st cheque to solicitors last friday.

So 8-12 weeks time hopefully it wil all go through.