Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Calling All Saga Se7ens

Mark Durrant

About time we got some official recognition *wink*

Not sure I particularly want it to be quite in those tones though - about "even the elderly can have a go - they will be useless of course..." Graham - we shall have to have words about serious discrimination!!

I am not at all sure that grumpy old men should let young upstarts join such an exclusive club anyway - what the hell are we going to do when we are all grumpy old men!!

Oops - come to think of it, most of the people I know are already there

😬 😬

See you all at Longcross if not before.

Mike

I got the official "grumpy old man" book from the Tv series from the missus (not sure what she was trying to tell me) for my birthday at xmas

anyway in the book it states that to be a grumpy old man you have to be between the ages of 35 and 55, anything older and you have resigned yourself to allt he things that make you grumpy and you now except them as there is nothing you can do about them...

I found my self agreeing to most things in the book which the missus was quite hilarious even thou the topics where very serious 😬

rob *smile*

Kipper

Yes the gauntlet is well and truly thrown down *wink*

Graham P

A good few years to go yet *thumbup*

Mike

Apparently Curborough have marked out a special parking zone for you this year so you will plenty of space for the 'Zimmer' 😬 It will be closer to the toilets too just in case you get caught short and the 'bag' is nearly full 😬 😬

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

Edited by - Mark Durrant on 8 Feb 2005 15:35:05

Nice thread for a real grumpy old old saga sevener who hasn't yet got Low Flying to know what the bl**dy hell your on about. As Mr Durrant is behind this conspiracy I shall refuse to spin off the track in front of him again to stop him poking fun at poor old codgers.

Put the qualifying age up to 60 I say.

Looking forward to coming last again this season but at least we have some excuse.

Out of interest does the MSA have an age limit for issuing licences. Someone has to tell me to stop sometime or other.

Roll on Llandow and Longcross et al

I don't think there is an age limit provided the medics are happy. The late Wally Pratt, a local competitor here in Essex, was competing in sprints well into his late 80's with an MG Metro *thumbup* He wanted to still be sprinting at 90, a wish that he never quite fulfilled. It is reckoned he had been competing for over 50 years

Ken,

Well, you have now!! Amazing - I have heard people say you don't look a day over 49 1/2 😬

Welcome to the club, which is exclusive because there is only life membership!!

I'll get you Durant *mad* - you have no idea how easy it is to direct the contents of the bag into a fuel tank with nobody seeing - just have to make sure I have the glasses on so I can tell the right 7!!

Mike

Ahhh...so that is what they are - I just thought that he had an accident with some yellow stickers.

Are you sure they are legal? Bet they make a modified 1.8 go faster than it should in class 2.

Bloody young upstart 😬 😬 😬 taking advantage of old men like that!

Mikes

Glad to see that you can still operate a keyboard 😬. The yellow stickers might be 'girly' but help ensure that those with dodgy eyesight don't get in the wrong car 😬 😬

Oh yeah my 7 no longer has a 1.8K, infact no engine at all at present so you will have to wait and see what class I will be in *tongue*

But it has new tyres all round and two new wheels *confused*

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

Edited by - Mark Durrant on 9 Feb 2005 18:44:01

Blimey Mark, does that mean you are going for the Tyrrell look with a 6 wheeler?

Not sure that is in the rules either *smile*

Hope you get the engine sorted out soon - will we get a peek at the Llandow trackday? If so I will make sure I have the right glasses with me so I can at least see a fuzzy outline of it *wink*

Mike

Mikes

My car will not be at Llandow test day so you will have to wait until Longcross although the way things are going I'm not sure it will be ready then ☹️

Rob

I considered a side valve but I didn't want to spend every sprint with an 'Old Git' going on about how they dont make them like that anymore 😬

BB

I realise you think that my car has girly yellow stickers but at least my car is not pink *wink*

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*