Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wide rear arches

Irrelevant

Anyone know where I can get some wide fiberglass Caterham rear arches?

I know MOG do carbon ones but I am trying to resist the carbon thing as I know once I start buying carbon there will be no end to it 😳

They don't need to be much wider - just an inch or so, in order to accommodate 10" rears nicely - i.e. Barnby's with an extra 1.5" on the outer rim.

Ideally I'd like Caterham shaped wings in the standard red colour rather than Locost or Westfield types......

TIA *thumbup*

Poised over a bench with a nibbler and ally sheet.....

Graham: I spoke to Len who said they got MOG to make up some one off fiberglass wings for their super wide car. He's emailed MOG to see if they will do another set & get a price.

rgrigsby: That's the plan...

Len Unwin just called and said that Freestyle's MOG sourced fiberglass wings are £70+VAT. These are proper moulded wings rather than the split and widened standard wings that Redline do.

Not sure what to go for now......Does anyone have a pickie of some wide Redline wings? Their website is down....

Graham: I spoke to Duncan at the Autosport show, he was on the Holeshot stand. £25K does seem pretty cheap for such a lot of car.....

Dave Kimberleys car had Redline split and widened GRP wings. The mod can be seen as a slight ripply band round the middle of the wing but overall it's a pretty tidy job.

If you're not aware this was the all fire engine red car with red SLR cage that was on the cover of low flying a couple of years ago.

I've just got a set of the same wheels and will be looking for the same thing in a couple of weeks so keep me informed. I was planning to go the Activa +2" wings but that's now not to be...