Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Camcer Change per Ball Joint Roatation

MADMALC

Theoretically you're probably right Alex but over all usable camber angles, say 0 deg to -3 deg, then I'd be very surprised if the camber change per turn varied much.

You can calculate it using simple trig if you know the pitch of the thread on the ball joint and the height of the upright. But be aware that the SLR has a spacer between the bottom wishbone and the upright so the upright is effectively 7 or 8mm taller.

Probably a small difference between SLR and normal uprights though, especially if the accuracy we're talking about is approx 1/4 deg rather than 0.265 deg type of thing.

When I did mine earlier this year (Juno supplied 10mm extra tall spacer fitted) 3 turns of the ball joint changed it by 41 minutes so 0.23 deg per turn (or approx 1/4 deg.....)

I'll go back to sleep then.

Arnie - Fitted when I changed to wide track so if there was a noticeable change then it would have been swamped by the much bigger change to wide track. But then I couldn't feel any difference changing to wide track so I guess that just means I'm an insensitive driver.

Or perhaps wide track was a big improvement and the spacer made it worse again or vice verse... No, face it, I'm just a crap driver.