Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SS kit on 1600 EU2 engine still avalaible ?

eric

eric,

If you are still not ready to invest into a programmable ECU, you can find easily a used SS ECU for a low price, but often without the immobiliser and the key fobs.

You will have to go to your Rover dealer to resynch the SS ECU and your immobiliser. It is being done in situ using the diagnostic plug located under the dash, on the left. Cost should be around 20 €.

You can buy the KO1 kit from DVA which also includes one vernier and the necessary bits such as seals, Loctite sealant, cam lube,

or look for used SS cams (in this case you will have to buy these bits separately at a price).

Do not forget new cam and alternator belts.

Pierre

Does not sound so complicated to me eric.

If you are ready for a brand new kit, the K02 kit of DVA is @ £995 + transp., that is the same price as the Caterham SS kit for EU2 engine (that is not available anymore) used to be.

In addition to the Fast Roads cams, the kit includes an Emerald ECU already programmed by DVA I think.This means that it is really equivalent to the SS Caterham ECU. You do not need to have it programmed.

My understanding is that the Emerald ECU will recognize your immobiliser, but you need to give him the instruction to do so using a laptop.

So you really need to place only one order,

Pierre

Edited by - Pierre Gillet on 3 Feb 2005 12:02:25