Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Goodwood - Club Day?

Jude

Sometime ago we had a thread on here asking about the possibilty of doing a club track day at Goodwood this year.

Anyway I've done a few enquirys and it is possible to get a club track day here on a weekend in early October.

However there is a drawback Circuit hire at Goodwood is expensive and if we have a 105db day then we can only have 25 cars max running in sessions of 5.

Probable cost would be around £230 per entry.

To enable me to process this further, please indicate here if you are interested and would the high entry fee be acceptable to you. How much are you prepared to pay 🤔

Geoff *smile*

Edited by - Geoff P on 2 Feb 2005 15:58:03

Though expensive (having paid to get my car under 98dbs specifically for Goodwood!) I'd do a L7Club day at Goodwood on Saturday 8th October. Not on a weekday though - the burdens of self employment!

Are we worried that this is likely to clash with the Caterham (and Formula Ford I guess in 2005) Festival at Brands Hatch - does anyone have a date for that yet?

G for Geoff

too much for me, especially as with only 5 cars on the track at a time meaning 5 sessions I can't see us getting much track time through the day.

How would cost/numbers/track time work if it was made obvious that it was a 98db day? Obviously it would exclude some of the noisier sevens, but would mean there could be a lot more track time, and/or lower cost for the cars that can get under 98???

Same cost to hire track but sessions of 10 allowed. Judging by the problems we've had at a 98db sessioned Donnington Day it'd be non stop hassle to try it.

Geoff *smile*

Edited by - Geoff P on 3 Feb 2005 15:12:42

• 2 weeks later...

On the strength of this feedback and for our enjoyment I've just paid a deposit to Goodwood today to secure our trackday there this year on Saturday 8th October.

It'll be a 105db day with 25 cars max and only 5 cars per session.

Entry forms in June LF. I think this'll be a popular day

Geoff *smile*

Edited by - Geoff P on 12 Feb 2005 00:26:24