Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

thumbs up! for PLEXUS plastic cleaner/restorer

wonkey eyed barmaid

i heard of this stuff PLEXUS, and it was recommended for cleaning and restoring plastic of all types. indeed, it is designed primarily for maintenance and polishing of aircraft windscreens.

i bought a 13oz aerosol tin from http://www.flightstore.co.uk/plexus_aircraft_screen_cleaner_13oz.pilot.supplies/use.id.5.item_id.1819/

at a cost of about £14. i figure, having used the product now, that there is enough in this can do treat 3 caterham roofs [2 applications on each].

the results have been really good. my roof was not in a 'terrible' state, but i do use my car in all weathers, so it had been wet on plenty of occasions, and had been stored damp a couple of times etc, leading to clouding. plus a few grubby marks from parking stickers etc.

the plexus removed all the surface grubiness with complete ease, and polished up easily leaving a good finish. it sprays on a bit like mr sheen, kind of opaque liquid, not quite foam. then just rub it in with a soft cloth [not paper towel]. after treating all the windows of my roof inside and out, I did them all again in an effort to remove the more ingrained dirt, and polish out some of the cloudiness. this second application worked well, and left the windows really clear and transparent, with a fantastic smooth-to-touch finish. i wont say they look good as new, but they are vastly improved.

i could look through them [in the kitchen - where all the best mechanicing is done] without any distortion or lack of detail. the visibilty from inside the car is excellent.

RESULT. *thumbup*

with the 13oz can, you could split the cost with a friend or 2, and clean 3 roofs, for less than a fiver each. thats amazingly good value compared to the alternative.