Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fireblade conversion kit

ChrisG

Hi All

Ive got for sale my Fireblade engine plus most of the bits you'd need to convert any Caterfield to bike power

Honda Fireblade RRV (97) engine

11k miles (less than 1000 miles in car)

Regular oil changes (sump full of fresh Redline in there at the moment)

Kevlar clutch and super strong Barnett clutch springs

Chopped and baffled sump. 28-30mm extra ground clearance - about the same as a dry sump (no they DONT need dry sumping *wink* )

Stuart Taylor Sump baffle plate

All ancilliaries including Dynojetted carbs, CDI, stripped loom (all the lighting etc not required has been taken out),

coilpacks, regulator, starter solenoid, gear selector arm etc

Ive also got pretty much everything else you'd need to convert to blade power -

Full exhaust - 4-2-1 manifold plus Stuart Taylor silencer

Stuart Taylor engine cradle / engine mounts

blade radiator / hoses etc

Various engine spares (spare selector forks, spare head, airbox etc)

Seling as a whole "package" £1100 or will split

Can be seen in the car at the moment if you want to see it working

The only major parts you'd need to finish the job are a prop flange and prop (~£200 all in)

Ive also got an SPA digital oil temp/pressure gauge which I may sell seperately if the above goes.

Located on Surrey / Hants border, either drop me an email or call 07793 92 5995

cheers

Chris

Edited by - ChrisG on 31 Jan 2005 16:53:04

You're looking at not far off Superlight R performance assuming you can keep the weight under 420kgs or so, so you could hardly call a blade car a slouch *thumbup*.

The only place you'd find it maybe slightly underpowered is on really fast open circuits like Spa for example, were you're pushing 100mph+ a lot of the time, they are no worse than most other sub 180-200bhp Caterfields though.

Ive had the car (a Locost BEC) on the road for 3 years now, and the only reason Im selling this lot is because ive got an itch to get out in the garage again and fancied doing a winter upgrade to an injected engine, probably an R1. A couple of months down the line when its still in bits and people start going back out on track I'll probably be cursing the desicion 😬

Chris

Edited by - ChrisG on 31 Jan 2005 21:25:08

*thumbup* for the Stuart Taylor cradles in a Caterham. Assuming that the 'Blade one is similar to the GSXR1000. By removing the passenger side upper crossmember they fit really very nicely without needing to adjust much.

STM (near Nottingham) would no doubt fit it for you as well, they have done two already, and the swearing involved in getting the prop mount in the tunnel is getting less *wink*

NOT serious>

Does anyone reckon that this set-up might be able to drag an 800+ kg SV and lardy driver along? If so, I think that I might know someone who could be interested...

/NOT serious>

On a serious note, these BECs are the bee's knees. You won't go so fast, for so little, so easily 😬

If you were wondering wether to do it or not, do it! you'll wonder why on earth you waited so long!

Good luck with the sale, ChrisG *thumbup* *smile*

BB

At last you're getting a proper engine Chris! *wink*

Seriously, if you want something 'special' (i.e. more like a racing car and not a slim family car like you're average unit... *eek*) buy a bike engine! Chris' package is a bargain......

*smile*

(p.s. - long time no-see! How's tricks?)

We will mend it We will fix it...

It'll be a bit more than a simple 'pop' over I'm afraid old chap as I've returned to the northern hemisphere (otherwise known as Yorkshire!)..... *smile*

If you're ever up here and need some tissue for your nose bleed, do call in! *wink*

p.s. I knew you wouldn't have the 'Blade for long.....

We will mend it We will fix it...