Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ho-ho. Dishwashers

Myles

My parents got a new dishwasher this week - my father bought the thing (from Powerhouse's web-presence) and it is he who uses it most of the time.

He's decided he doesn't like it (can't load it efficiently for our typical usage - a full-load doesn't do as much kit as the old one due to the layout rather than size).

Anyway, he phone up today to enquire about changing it (distance-selling and all that) and told the chap on the phone that he "couldn't face the prospect of using this particular machine for the next 10 years..."

"Don't worry", came the reply, "It's a Hotpoint, it won't *last* ten years..." *smile*

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Oddly topical,the Meldrew household having just had to throw out a three year old Hotpoint dishwasher because the company did not carry spare parts for it...in spite of tehm having a five year parts warranty. *confused*

Hotpoint customer service seems to be completely up a well-known creek without a certain implement.

Replaced with a Bosch. Let's see if that's any better.

Let's just say that I've had grief from a Hotpoint washing machine and a Hotpoint dishwasher. The Hotpoint fridge has been OK so far.

The nice lady in a local department store who sold me the new dishwasher told me that they only now sell Hotpoint fridges and freezers as everything else was "too much trouble". Take that as you will.