Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Blue Lights??

neil.cavanagh

Neil it's a very long story, some of it very funny. But for the moment...

It's the South Yorkshire Police annual show which now incorporates the Fire & Ambulance service.

I have helped run it for 10 years and provide labour for the car parks, gates and burgers etc.

Last year was the first time I asked the club to be involved and you wonderfull people were so brilliant at doing what you were asked to do that we raised £8103 for NtL.

It takes place at the farm where SYP keep the mounted section (thats horses) and I set aside a field for camping. We have 2 barrels of beer and a band on the Saturday night.

You WILL enjoy youself, you'll be knackered by Sunday night, but it's the good type of knackered.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Mem No 2166, the full story here

Yes Boonie *tongue*

oops, you said "dog section". I thought you said 'sectioned dogs', in which case... two mad GRs will be spending their time mostly incarcerated in our 'corporate hostility' unit, like wot they were last year *eek*

GTD, tell Mrs GTD that if I can sleep in a dog kennel, see *arrowup*, then as she's much fitter than me, she can certainly enjoy a couple of nights being grounded 😳

Delbert will definitely not be in a tent this year - and his "used once only" sleeping quarters are on sale for a small token!

FH *cool*

Edited by - FH on 27 Jan 2005 13:59:54

Maybe they could run a (dis)obedience class 😬

...and the winners are... in joint first place...

Baz and Pelham 😬

p.s. Tell Boonie Hound to wear her passion-killer doggie underwear and to leave the canine version of Chanel #5 at home 😳

Neil, I think I can speak for all by saying that we had a thoroughly great time (apart from the burns) *eek* It was jolly hard work but when you're with a fantastic crowd and knowing that the hard work results in lots of dosh for charidee, then it's worth it *thumbup*

FH *cool* *eek*

Edited by - FH on 27 Jan 2005 14:48:05

Boonie, yes the dog section will be putting their trusty steeds through their paces.

If anyone's interested in underwater sports I'm hoping to get the Navy diving tank up from Portsmouth for the underwater search & rescue to strut their stuff in/under

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Mem No 2166, the full story here