Click here if you are having website access problems ×

tracking and tyre wear

RogNeedham

• Leadership Team

I've noticed that my CR500s are wearing a bit unevenly - are there any 'standard' settings that I could give to a local tyre fit centreto check for on tracking / toe in/out etc. Mainly for road use with c. 3 track days per year. de dion

Cheers

Rog *confused*

• Area Representative

And that's before that monster Xflow is being used!!

Rog, How's the installation gone? All up and running now? I'd say BTTT but its already there 😬

Nick

Yellow HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

• Leadership Team

Nick - transplant didn't happen last weekend as my mates workshop floor was covered in the bits of his disembowelled MGB V8 *mad* - os it's on for this weekend 😬

Ian(Mr Picky *tongue*) - there's always someone who asks too many awkward questions - in that firstly I dont have the answer off the top of my head and secondly that I now have to go outside in the rain and find out. You BCJ engineers are all the same 😬 😬

Rog

Rog,

I understood that the mustard yellow labotomy you chaps experience can cause some problems, but I have never met anyone (until now) who has an aversion to even writing JCB. That is a really bad case you seem to have.

Look it up in the dictionary, under J C B 😬

Seriously, tracking and camber checks are not difficult given the right kit. Bring the wonder wreck over when it's running again. *wink*

Ian

Green and Silver Roadsport 😬

• Leadership Team

Ian 😬

apologies for what was a genuine spelling mistake - no offence was meant to your fine employer JBC *tongue* *tongue*

..true story. In 1999 my boss at the time, ordered an S-Type Jag. When it was delivered it's reg no was T***JCB 😬. A few hasty calls were made to the leasing company based in Hinckley (reg should have been T***JBC), and the correct plate was fitted. Daft thing was the leasing company had provided co cars to Cat for 8 years 😬

I did have a look in the dictionary... found caterpillar but not J C B 😬 😬

Thanks for the offer of help mate- as soon as the old tub is back in one piece I'll give you a shout *thumbup* *thumbup* - Rog

Rog

For de dion try 0 toe-in or a tad toe out say up to 25" max front esp if on track.

Rear toe-in should be about 25" too for stability.

1.0 - 1.5 deg negative camber all round.

Castor give or take 5 degrees.

For live, front try parallel, upto 1 deg neg camber rear is 0,0 of course. 5-7 deg castor.

Hants (North) and Berkshire Area club site here

My racing info site

here

Edited by - stevefoster on 29 Jan 2005 14:45:24