Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Right. I'm orf...

Myles

Didn't notice a heater - suspect it didn't have one (they put it through SVA without the aeroscreen etc. - otherwise you need wipers and a demisting system - i.e. hot-air blower).

It was great - I want one. The audience-reaction (bearing in mind I tested it near the factory - so it must have been seen quite a bit) was great (apart from some of the sarccy-little w*****s - schools were emptying at the time)...

It's no substitute for the 7 (no power, brakes, grip...) - it's best treated as a classic car. I went in there thinking that it really needed at least as much power as my current 1.6 - but came away convinced that leaving it with the 65bhp BMC A-series was the way to go (OK, perhaps breathe on it up to 100ish) - anymore would be more of a handful than I'd want.

Made a lovely-sound - especially at burbling-speeds through town - nice bit of tranny-whine too.

'Funny' floor-hinged pedals - obviously unassisted everything (it was like my first CC experience when I got back in the tintop - everything felt soft...)

I hope I didn't pass any speedcams in town - it was only as I neared the factory on the return-leg that I realised I'd been looking at the rev-counter rather than the speedo (it was marked in 100 rev increments rather than 1000...) 😳 Luckily, with the traffic etc. (and those weedy 65 horses), I doubt I got anywhere near the limit.

Hmm. They're working on a prototype single-seater too ('hard' passenger tonneau - narrow 50's-style wrap-around aeroscreen - the ones I saw and drove all had the driver fairing behind your head...) Nice.

No rollbars, side/rear-impact protection etc. etc. Pathetic lights - instruments that wobbled all over the place. Period. *cool*

Now, where can I get £10k from (kit is £9k - need to find a Spridget on top of that)...

Delivery in as little as 5-6weeks *eek*

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com