Click here if you are having website access problems ×

FIA half cage

Pauly G

Dear Mr Heaven7soon,

This is how I had previously understood things:

Roll over bar - single tube

Half cage - single tube with two strengthening down pieces and a cross member

Full cage - the whole shabang.

I used to run a tr6 and in order to compete I needed a 'half cage' rather than a roll over bar.

So, to cut a long story short, and in Caterham speak.... I want a FIA roll bar.

Cheers

Paul.

Paul

*idea* Understand you now!

As you say, the correct (or at least widely understood on here) terminology for what you want is an FIA bar. To be picky, this only becomes 'FIA approved' when a 'petty strut' is fitted. This is a further strengthenig piece which runs from the top of the roll bar diagonally down to a mounting boss in the inner passenger sideskin about 3" below the front of the 'door' gap. If this is not exposed (I presume the boss is fitted), then you need to remove some rivets from the inner trim around this area to find it, then drill through the trim to expose the boss.

Happy hunting *thumbup*

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. 4000 miles completed!

Paul

How soon do you need one?, I currently have one sat on my garage floor and another one waiting to be collected. If you can hold on for a couple of weeks one of these will be available

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

Hello Graham,

No hurry at all... woul dyou min dgiving me a ring when it's free? I'm trying to get the violet avenger more road friendly for the spring. With luck I'll be racing at the end of the season - so a re-match at brands is on the cards!

Cheers

Paul