Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Waterproof Cover / Luggage Carrier

Adrian Lott

Can anybody point me in the right direction to purchase a all weather cover for a Seven. Ideal cover for when the car is away from it's garage.

Also I am looking for ideas of how to increase the luggage capacity of the Seven.

All help very much appreciated.

I took the heater out of my car which left a huge space for luggage. Two 10mm holes and two bunjee cords later, I had enough space for a bag with my axle stands, tools and various spares for the LTL last year. The nylon bag coped fine with the engine bay temperatures but I wouldn't want to put my clothes there though. It can get pretty wet when it's pissing it down.

Alex Wong

alex.wong@lotus7club.co.uk

http://www.alexwong.net

Home : 44-(0)121-440 6972

Fax : 44-(0)121-440 4601

I purchased a luggage carrier from James Whiting. It fits over the spare wheel, and allows you to carry luggage. I also read in one of the old listings that you can lower the floor of the boot by a couple of inches. I'm not sure if this only applies to a live axle car though! If you carry your hood in the boot, transfer it to a hood bag, which sits behind the seats.

Rgds

Can recommend the hood roll for its storage.

I also use a luggage rack around the spare wheel etc with a suitcase (soft) strapped on.I can't remember which picture it is but if Alex W reads this he has a good photo of the rack in use on his web site.

• 4 weeks later...